Those of you who follow me on instagram (@mezfashionfazer) have already seen my ridiculous pink and purple hair- well, I undertook a massive DIY on my hair which I've never done before (eek!) and here's how it went.
What you'll need:
- Garbage Bag: I cut a hole in this and used it to protect my clothing. Working with bleach is bad for the skin and clothes, so I didn't want to take any risks!
- Some sort of bleach: Ok, so I've been told that I did this whole 'Ombre/ Balayage' thing wrong. In a moment of poverty and wanting a change I waltzed into the closest supermarket and bought the cheapest box of hair lightener I could find. Apparently, you're supposed to get 'proper' bleach, which this really isn't.
- Colours: I chose pink and purple because I had a longing for fairy floss hair. Some find that weird, some don't- whatever your choice, buy it!
- Gloves: You can't really see these in the picture, but you need at least TWO pairs of gloves, THREE if like me, you're putting two colours in your hair. So to sum up: one pair for bleach, and a pair each according to how many colours you're running through your hair.
- Brush: This is pretty self explanatory.
- Clips: to clip up your hair so you've got the ability to colour layers.
So the before picture on the left above is actually AFTER DIY Ombre, but BEFORE the colour.
I followed this tutorial here:
I tried desperately to resist this trend, but I just needed something different!
What do you guys think?