Pages

22.4.12

la d o l c e v i t a.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


If these photos were taken a year ago, I wouldn't have posted them. Not because I don't like the stunning dress or the strong photography, but because it 'enhances' my curves and it shames me to say that this really bothered me. 
In a city of gorgeous models and surfers my hourglass figure honestly seems a little out of place. Every where I go the fashion is designed to strategically hang of a very tiny, flat frame.

Loose dresses look silly on me.....
Don't even get me started on oversized singlets!

But last week, I turned 25, and I felt myself somewhat disappointed at my achievements. I was spiralling into an uncontrollable pity party filled with wine and ice-cream (I considered mixing the two, but I figured a Wine Float wouldn't turn out as good as I hoped).
And somewhere along the line in my self esteem spiral I snapped and realised that this could NOT keep happening. So now, I'm owning my curves.
Wearing:
'Diamonds are Girls Best Friend' Wheels and Dollbaby Dress
Clutch by Olga Berg


On other news, is anyone else attending Fashion Palette next week? I'm so excited!! If you haven't got tickets yet, get on them ASAP.


x Mez

8 comments:

  1. great decision hon <3 I'm glad you had a change of attitude because when I was looking at your pics and you said it bothered you that they emphasised your curves, I thought you were crazy!! the best thing is that it emphasises the fact that you have curves in all the right places. you'd be insane to not be proud of an hourglass, sexy figure that lots of women would LOVE to have. and lol feel free to have a party filled with wine, icecream and whatnot- just make sure it's not a "pity" one :)

    ooh and I'm attending FP too. pretty exciting! :D

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I hate the word 'curves' because of the obese/Kardashian connotations it suggests, you've got a fucking amazing body. I saw these photos on Facebook and died. Can't wait to see you at Fashion Palette. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mez! I'm one of Teresa's friends and saw your blog through Teresa's fb link. I looked at the above pictures and I can tell you that you are breath taking, you make the dresses look beautiful and not the other way around. Please don't compare yourself with the rake thin models, they look like girls with no soul and no warmth, almost like corpses. Just to let you know those same anorexic models drove me to an eating disorder when I was 15, you don't want to aspire to be like them trust me. You are such a beauty and young females can admire you, not pity you because you look like you haven't had a proper meal in years. You are a stunning woman! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! It's great to hear your opinions about it, I honestly wasn't fishing for compliments- I felt a little exposed publishing these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You OWN your curves girl! You are very, very pretty and personally I think that curves, hourglass figure, the like, is the most beautiful of all. Yes, much clothing is made for shapes that I call "cucumbers on toothpicks", but I'm actually glad I have curves: at least we have some shape in our figures! Be proud of it ;) Ps. most men prefer curves too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The very first thought I had when I saw the top photo was 'Those hips.... are amazing' I am ashamed to admit that I wasn't going to say anything about it until I saw the post was dedicated to them and the rest of your beautiful curves. Enjoy them and be proud of them. And like you said in your comment, about feeling exposed... I totally get what you're saying. Showing off something that we love about ourselves can be difficult but that's exactly when we should go for it, whether it's physical or not. Kind of a fancy way to say if you've got it, flaunt it
    I have nothing bad to say about the skinny girls like some do (not you of course), I don't like how people always have to say 'I love this, but HATE that!' Let's just love everything, k? People are different.

    xx we are purple

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are SO beautiful!! I understand the nervousness though, I'm a curvier girl myself and when I take outfit photos, I often head towards things that make me look more boyish and streamlined. ultimately however, I never feel more beautiful than when I show off my natural form, and you should too! your body is absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. as if you look hot!! i thought it was a model until i read the post. your body is DEFINITELY nothing to be ashamed of.

    ReplyDelete